Thursday, March 17, 2011

Every bully deserves a home.

Some of my friends decided to do an awesome thing and start their own rescue. Rescue-a-Bull. I cannot even begin to express how proud I am of all of them. I wish I was better with words because I could go on and on about how wonderful each and every one of these people are that started this rescue. But if I did try to put it in writing it would just be crazy ramblings with the words- wonderful, amazing, selfless, groovy, thoughtful, remarkable, sensational, devoted, courageous, etc.- all thrown together. Because all those words apply to every single member, volunteer and supporter of this rescue. Truly phenomenal people.

I can't even imagine how difficult it is to start and run an organization like this. This rescue has no central location/shelter(although it is based in the northeast)- all the dogs are kept in foster homes until their forever home is found. This means that the rescue is completely dependent on volunteers. People that are willing to step up and open their homes and hearts to dogs in need for an unknown amount of time. Those that foster are some of the most selfless people around. They put so much into their fosters that these dogs literally are their family. I guess it is similar to raising a child and watching them go out in to the world on their own. But better- because they know their fosters are going to amazing homes. I wish I was in a position to foster. Unfortunately, right now is not the right time. Maybe some day in the future. But in the meantime I will definitely support my friends over at Rescue-a-bull.
One thing that Rescue-a-Bull will never lack is pit bulls in need of loving homes. 

Ps. I think I may have to get one of these T-shirts.
Edit: They have an incredibly helpful forum too!

No comments:

Post a Comment