Friday, April 15, 2011

Surgery update

Last week I had a schwannoma tumor removed from my abdomen. The surgery was a little bit more complicated than the doctor originally thought it would be. Can't do anything the easy way around here. The tumor was inflamed and had attached itself to my spine and my kidney. They scraped the tumor off my spine and removed it from my kidney- leaving me with just a few extra internal stitches.  This time around I felt much better than I did with the first surgery. However, recovery isn't easy for me. Vomiting, nausea and headaches every day that I was in the hospital. Now I am at my parents and I am still recovering. Tired most days but OK for the most part. I am not even close to 100% but I will get there. And it's so reassuring that I don't have to go through this again. It's over. The tumor is gone and I can move on with my life.

The best part of coming home to my parents house- We pulled in the driveway and I was walking up the path to the back door. My sister's step-daughter was walking Valkyrie up the hill. I could tell Valkyrie saw me because her ears shot straight up on top of her head and her tail started wagging frantically. Then the crying to get to me started. And the wiggling. I think my girl missed me. I know I missed her. (I missed the little K man too- but don't tell Valkyrie that)

No comments:

Post a Comment